Tuesday, October 11, 2011

trip to baton rouge.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I would be traveling to Baton Rouge, Louisiana for the Florida/LSU football game.  Well, the Gators did not come out on top... In fact, we were horrible fans and left before the first half was even over.  I hate leaving games before the end of the third quarter.  I think if you're going to waste a ticket you should at least stay that long... But, not this time!  It was so hot, it was an afternoon game and the sun was beaming down right over the visitors section.  I got a weird sunburn on only the right side of my forehead (not fun!).  Not to mention our teams performance was embarrassing!  We didn't expect to win, I mean we haven't had the greatest season so far and it's always hard to play at Tiger Stadium... but this was pathetic!

Luckily, some of the group we tailgated with did not go to the game and were still hanging out, watching the game on TV.  So, we knew we had somewhere to go to wait for my wonderful uncle (who also did not attend the game) was able to drive right up to our tailgate area to pick us up!  During the game my aunt and uncle were babysitting my new baby cousin Smith, so they were very happy not to go the game. 

Tailgating with my cousins before the LSU/Florida Game.


Gator chomping the UF bus as they drove through our tailgate area.


Albert at Tiger Stadium!


Inside Tiger Stadium


Me & Dad inside Tiger Stadium



Despite the horrible game (for us!), the trip was a lot of fun, because we got to meet our newest family member, Smith!  Obviously, this was the highlight of the trip.

Holding baby Smith for the first time


Smith with his Florida relatives (me and my parents)


Me with the new Mom, Niki


Isn't he just adorable?  He's stolen my heart!


Hope everyone had a great weekend.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to leave a charming comment. It is much appreciated!