Monday, June 25, 2012

designer look alikes : flats

If you have been a reader for awhile you know that I am a little obsessed with Kate Spade and Tory Burch.  I own a few pairs of Tory Burch flats (that I got at the outlet) and I do think they are worth the price you pay (for some of them... the limited edition ones are just insane!).  But, unless it's a classic pair like brown or black or something you know you'll wear all the time, I don't think it's smart to throw your life savings into a pair of shoes. 

I am a huge fan of everything Kate Spade, but I don't get the opportunity to buy most of items that I like because of the outrageously high price tag.  Last spring I fell in love with these Kate Spade Tipsy flats with the pink cap-toe {worn by Bryce Dallas Howard in last years KS campaign}.  After all, a girl can never have too much pink in her wardrobe, right?  Plus, they are just so darn cute and trendy!  Naturally, they sold out quickly and did not go on sale (in pink).

But, don't worry girls, I have found a solution to our fashion dilemma.  One that will make your wallet and your closet very happy!  These Lucky Ballerina flats for $24.90!  Now, that's a price I can live with!!!!  Don't you think look so similar... you'll think twice next time you see a fancy designer shoe with a crazy high price tag!
 


Since I will be graduating college soon, I have been trying to think about buying items that can be used as "business attire".  When I first saw these Kate Spade Tabitha flats a few months ago {mentioned here} I fell in love with them.  They are trendy (like the ones above), but still appropriate to wear to work.  And, I think the classic tan and black combination looks so professional!  Yet, once again, the $225 price tag hit me like a ton of bricks and thus I did not purchase the shoes.  Luckily, Old Navy has a pair of $22 flats that look almost identical!



A few months ago I ordered these Lucky Emmie flats in pink.  They are great, because I did not want to spend $178 on hot pink flats, since I know I won't wear them all the time.  They are kind of stiff, but as I wear them they seem to be getting better.  But, they are still worth it since they were only $59!

Last year I purchased a pair of Tory Burch Eddie Ballet flats.  They were a little pricy, but they are the most comfortable pair of flats that I own!  I have a very difficult time find shoes that fit because I have a small foot... so Tory flats often work very well for me when others don't.  But, these Lucky flats are a fabulous alternative and will save your wallet!


Tory Burch Eddie Ballet Flat | Lucky Brand Emmie Flat

Want to add a little bit of glitter to your life?  I recommend these Steve Madden Kinnetic Glitter flats for only $39.99.  Aren't they so fun?


BCBG Misha Flat | Steve Madden Kinnetic Glitter Flats

What's your favorite designer knock-off brand?

xo KD

Keep up with me on Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to leave a charming comment. It is much appreciated!