Monday, June 4, 2012

Sweet Summertime

If you have already been to the beach this summer, than I am extremely jealous of you.  I have been taking a summer class, so I haven't been able to make it to the beach yet this summer.  I have, however, been able to go to the pool some, which has been wonderful!  Although, I have to be so careful that I don't get sunburned... but despite this I still love being out in the sun during the summer!


For those of you who have been reading for a while you probably know that I am kind of obsessed with straw bags during the summertime.  I have a straw bag very similar to this one from Target and I use it all the time!  It is the perfect bag to take to the pool or beach.

Vineyard Vines has a great selection of swimsuits this summer.  I particularly love this one {well, I actually love them all... how can you not?}  Tory Burch has a great selection of adorable flip flops that are perfect for any summer outfit.

Being extremely fair with blonde hair and blue eyes does not make for the perfect combo outdoors.  My eyes are super sensitive to the sun and I have to be super careful so that I don't turn into a lobster.  So, I pretty much never go outside without a pair of sunglasses! I have a pair of Ralph Lauren sunglasses from a couple of years ago (similar to the ones above) that I wear everyday.  I would die without them!

It is very important not to forget the sunscreen when you're outside for long periods of time.  Even if you don't think you need it, you do! You can get sunburned on an overcast day and the sun can still damage your skin if you're not getting a bad burn.  So be careful! Remember to pack this Neutrogena Wet Skin Sunblock, it's perfect for the beach or pool.  But, don't forget to put some SPF on your lips too!  I particularly love this Sugar Lip Treatment, it is one of my favorite summer essentials.

For tips on being more sun savvy check out this awesome blog.

Happy Summertime!

xo KD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to leave a charming comment. It is much appreciated!