Saturday, June 23, 2012

Summer Staples

Since summer officially started on Wednesday, I thought I would share a few things every preppy girl needs in her summer wardrobe.

First off, Jack Rogers!  If you've been reading for a while you know my platinum Jack Rogers are my all time favorite sandals.  They go with everything! Plus, they are perfect for spring, summer, fall and (Florida) winter.  And they transition so well from casual to semi-dressy, don't you think?


I don't think I will ever get tired of the stripe trendStriped tees are one of those things that can be styled so many ways.  During the summer I think they go great with white jeans or colorful chino shorts.


My favorite shorts this summer are my five inch white chinos from J.Crew.  I wear them all the time with Vineyard Vines polos {here} or just a plain 'ole t-shirt.


Cover-ups are obviously a necessity during the summer.  Duh! Right?  Everyone knows this...  I have to be so careful about not getting burned {check out the sun savvy blog!} during the summer, sometimes I will sit by the pool in my cover-up to be extra safe, so of course I want it to be cute!  Don't you just love this Anthropologie Lounging Poolside Chemise?  I think it could easily be worn as a sundress too, it's just so adorable!  It's perfect to help you pack light for a summer beach trip.


Y'all know I am in love with all things Lilly!  This Shoreline tote bag is not only Lilly, it's even better because it also has lobsters on it!  Could a girl wish for anything more out of a beach bag?  I don't think so!


Every girl needs a good summer swimsuit!  I am in love with this Lilly Pulitzer two-piece swimsuit in High Tide Toil (one of my favorite patterns of the summer!).


What are your favorite summer staples?

xo KD


Keep up with me on Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. Hmm it looks like your blog ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to the whole thing.printed bikini swimwear uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to leave a charming comment. It is much appreciated!