1. Pick out the perfect tree | I don't feel like the Christmas season has truly started until we put up the Christmas tree. Whether you go to your local tree lot to pick out the perfect tree or decorate an artificial tree, the perfect way to start the season off right is decorating the tree with the family. I love decorating the Christmas tree every year. We use an artificial tree, since my dad is allergic to pine, but I love that we don't have worry about it drying up… we can keep it up as long as we want with no mess or painful takedown!
2. Decorate the outside of the house | Once your tree is decorated and lit, it's time to light the outside of the house. I love driving through out neighborhood during the holiday season and seeing all the homes lit up with bright white or colored lights. Lights, wreaths, and poinsettias are my essentials for outside Christmas decorating. I love simple white lights paired with a fun wreath and a few poinsettias, but colored lights can be beautiful too!
3. Shop for friends & family | Now that your home is ready to go, it is time to start checking those names off of your shopping list. Shopping for Christmas gifts is one of the hardest, but one of the best parts about the holiday season. If you didn't snag the perfect gift for family and friends on Black Friday, follow me on Pinterest for a few ideas!
4. Drink a festive drink | Make a cup of hot apple cider, hot cocoa or cold egg nog... or stop by your local coffee shop for a peppermint coffee or signature seasonal beverage. I love the Starbucks peppermint mocha coffee and caramel apple cider. It seems like they pull out the red cups earlier and earlier each year.
5. Host a holiday party | Now that all your decorations are up, send out formal invitations or a simple e-vite and invite your friends to a festive shindig at your home or apartment. Whether it's a tacky sweater party with fun games or a fancy dinner party, having friends over during the holiday season can be a lot of fun. Plus you get to show off your decorations!
What are your favorite things to do during the holidays?