1. Pick out the perfect tree | Whether you pick a live Christmas tree at a tree lot or use an artificial tree, decorating the Christmas tree is essential for starting your holiday's off right. I love decorating the Christmas tree every year. We use an artificial tree, since my dad is allergic to pine, but I love that we don't have worry about it drying up… we can keep it up as long as we want with no mess!
2. Decorate the outside of the house | Once your tree is up, it's time to start decorating the outside. Lights, wreaths, and poinsettias are essential to making your home feel like Christmas from the outside in. I love simple white lights paired with a fun wreath and a few poinsettias, but colored lights can be beautiful too!
3. Shop for Family & Friends | Now that your home is ready to go, it is time to check all the names off your shopping list. Shopping for Christmas gifts is one of the hardest, but one of the best parts about the holiday season. If you are in need of a few ideas, here are a few gifts under $50.
4. Bake Christmas Cookies | I love to bake and decorate Christmas cookies for Santa, don't you? What could be better. I love attending holiday parties and eating all the yummy sweets!
5. Drink a festive drink | Make a cup of hot apple cider or hot chocolate… or stop by your neighborhood coffee shop to pick up a peppermint coffee or seasonal beverage. I love the peppermint mocha and the caramel apple cider from Starbucks! Yummy!
What are your favorite things to do during the holidays?