Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Working Girl x 4

-->Since graduating from college almost two months ago (eep… time flies!), I have been in the hunt for “professional” clothes, shoes and bags.  When I was in college (read: two months ago) I never really saw the point of collecting pieces that could be useful when I began working.  I always told myself I didn’t need that or that I had plenty of clothes I could wear to work.  While that is partially true, I find myself struggling to find the perfect outfit to wear.


During my last two years of college, I worked in the University Athletic Association.  The office was pretty casual (read: chinos and a cardigan).  And since I was a student and had to walk to work each day, I was able to dress pretty casual for work.  They understood that I had to walk a long distance in the very warm Florida weather…  As long as I wasn’t wearing shorts or jeans, I was usually okay.  But, I have quickly learned that is not always the case.

I am currently working four part-time jobs (while hunting for the right full-time position).  Each of these jobs requires a different level of business-attire.  Two of them are pretty casual (read: jeans are acceptable) and the other two require a more typical business look (or at least business casual).  That being said, I am in the search of my perfect go-to business look.  I am slowly adding pieces to my wardrobe, but need to do a bit more shopping to have a better business-appropriate closet.

Here are a few of my current go-to pieces.


J.Crew Schoolboy Blazer in Navy | J.Crew Factory Skinny Calf Hair Belt | Tory Burch Reva Flats
Loft Ponte Ankle Pants | Vince Camuto 'Elmay' Pump
For those of you working girls, any tips on style in the work place?
  xoxo

Check out my Business Professional inspiration board on Pinterest!

Keep in Touch: Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | Tumblr

2 comments:

  1. great picks! I'll be graduating in a few months but I used to wear business casual to several internships! J.Crew pants and a blazer can go a long way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think those are some great pieces - you'll be able to pair them with tons of stuff!

    Shia
    World According to Shia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to leave a charming comment. It is much appreciated!