My final "finals" are right around the corner, I can hardly believe it! I cannot believe I have been in school since I was 3-years-old and my last full week of school is already here. In some ways I am ready to be finished with studying, writing papers and taking exams, but in other ways I am a little sad that this chapter in my life is coming to an end. Since the semester ends in a few weeks, I thought I would share some tips that have helped me survive finals over the past four years.
1. Organize all notes | I cannot do anything unless I am organized. Before every exam, I make sure all my notes are printed and organized. Without being organized, I would not be able to focus on studying and reading.
2. Drink a Peppermint Mocha | When you're in the middle of a long study sesh, the best way to list your spirits is to drink a warm and tasty Starbucks coffee. Not only will it help perk you up so you can keep studying, but a little bit of chocolate and peppermint will put you in the holiday spirit even when you're studying.
3. Find a cozy spot to study | I cannot study unless I find the perfect spot to camp out. Sometimes it's the library, sometimes it's my kitchen table or desk in my room. It all depends what mood I'm in and how much work I have to do... I tend to get more work done at the library or Starbucks, but after hours sitting at the same table, I need a change of scenery so I'll go home and study at my kitchen table or with a warm blanket on my couch.
4. Make notecards | For certain classes notecards are the best way to study. When your exam is fill-in-the-blank, multiple choice or true false a great way to help yourself remember key facts, terms and dates is to make notecards.
5. Make a timeline | At the end of the semester when all of my exams, projects and papers start piling up, I make a calendar of all the notes, chapters, papers, etc. that I need to study/review by a certain time. I split up all of my work by day and do my best to complete each task by the designated time. It is so helpful to have a timeline to keep track of what work needs to be completed by when.
*Check out my study tips*
How do you survive finals?