Sunday, January 30, 2011

pigfest.


Over the weekend I went home and went to Pig Fest, a yearly BBQ competition.  It was a blast! Ever since I first went a few years ago, I am obsessed.  People come from all over the country to compete. 

I love pulled pork sandwiches and ribs.  Every year I walk around and try all kinds of food and barbecue sauce.  On Friday night my parents and I were hospitality judges.  We went to four booths and ate some yummy food and looked at some well decorated tents.  Two of our favorites were "Heath & Joe", two local firemen who enjoy cooking BBQ, and "Big Boca Q", a few of our friends who compete every year (so we're a little biased).  After we finished judging they had a VIP party where we ate even more delicious food from Texas Cattle Co., Bone Fish, Publix, and so much more. On Saturday I helped the Junior League and Pig Fest committee count "pig bucks" and distribute them to various stations around Tiger Town.  It was crazy how many people came this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to leave a charming comment. It is much appreciated!