Monday, July 11, 2011

trip to tupelo.

After our weekend at Calloway Gardens we drove to Tupelo, Mississippi to visit my Moms family, celebrate my aunts birthday and celebrate my cousins recent wedding.  It has been a few years since I have been to Tupelo... it was nice to visit again!

Tupelo is the birthplace of Elvis Presley.  We stayed in downtown near Tupelo Hardware where Elvis Presley bought his first guitar!

Tupelo Hardware 'Open' Sign


Tupelo Hardware window




On Saturday we had a party to celebrate the marriage of my cousin Tanner to Alexis.  My Mom and two aunts hosted the party at a gallery in downtown, where Tanner has some of his art for sale.

Aunt Margie, Tanner, Aunt Janice & Alexis


Aunt Janice, Alexis & Me
 

Aunt Margie, Aunt Janice, Alexis & Me


Aunt Margie, Aunt Janice, Alexis, Me & Mom


Group Picture!


Some of the food from Romie's Grocery



Some of Tanner's artwork.




Dad & Uncle Randy


Aunt Janice & Aunt Margie


Group picture of the family!


Hope you're having a great summer! 
xo KD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to leave a charming comment. It is much appreciated!